- Kristi and I got to go for the first time today and teach guitar and piano at The Well. It was so fun, and it gave me loads more motivation to really learn some Thai! I’m possibly going to start taking lessons soon!
- The past two Fridays, I’ve been going to Friday Night Fellowship and hanging out with the middle schoolers from ICS. It’s been a joy seeing the kids outside of the school context, and getting to worship God alongside them!
- I am still in awe of my students — how respectful and responsible and motivated they are! So many are getting A’s in my class, I feel like the easiest teacher EVER. (Part of that is probably because I am easy. Like, I’m used to 2nd graders, c’mon.)
- I am better understanding the stress of grading 60 students’ writing…and also planning for two subjects I’ve never taught before. (I feel inadequate in many ways, but isn’t that just how we teachers feel so often?) I think it’s kind of fun inputting grades and making up quizzes and powerpoints…if only it took less time!
- I’m going to the beach this weekend with some friends. It’ll be the first time I’ve left Bangkok! Yippy!
When you think of me, please pray for a couple things that have been a real challenge here: One, learning the language (it’s the sounds I just can’t get). And two, finding my way around Bangkok. If you know me, you know that I never know where I am. (Sometimes when I walk out of a room, I don’t even remember which side of the hallway I was on. Yeah, that bad.) It’s hard depending on people all the time to help me with directions, and being so slow to understand. Clearly I need God’s grace in these matters. 🙂
I love you all so much, and I pray that God is making Himself known in your lives today!
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith…(Hebrews 12:2)