Thanks to all who’ve prayed for us over here! God continues His work in wonderful ways. Here are some quick updates:
My church: Life Center Bangkok
- God is shaping our small group, and it is fun to see who He brings us and how He provides for His purposes. We had our first-ever outreach on Saturday, baking cookies for neighbors and passing them out with church invites for Easter. The main goal was that we could begin making connection with the people nearest to us and giving them opportunity to hear about God’s love for them. Please pray that God gives us inspiration and courage to keep looking outward — that we would be building relationships and sharing Jesus with whoever God puts in each of our spheres of influence. We don’t want to just stay a stagnant group of “mature” believers. We want to grow inside and out! (And I don’t think we have to compromise one for the other!)
- Life Center BKK continues to grow. On Easter, we got to see six brothers and sisters baptized, and we saw our largest crowd ever, with over 150 people! Of course, it’s not really about the numbers, but about the lives being changed by God. Like our pastor said, “As long as there’s one person outside who hasn’t heard about Jesus, our church has to grow.” That’s the heart of God.
- Please pray for us as we prepare for our first-ever mission trip as a church. Next week, we will be heading to Siem Reap, Cambodia, where we get to share about Jesus with people who haven’t heard, and we’ll be able to encourage some new believers and worship alongside them. We’ll only be there three days, April 19-21, but we are expectant and excited for all that God will do!
Life in Bangkok and ICS
- On a recent trip to Chiang Mai, my friend and I got to visit an orphanage and ask about their particular needs. We got to meet sweet children, like this little girl, who were so excited just to spend time with us. Anyway, it ends up the organization is trying to start a new orphanage for 12 kids, but needs money for everything — even mattresses to sleep on. This opportunity coincided perfectly with a project our middle school is doing to be a “voice for the voiceless.” So my students set out to raise money so these kids can have beds, a home, and a future. And wow, I’ve been blown away by my students’ enthusiasm; they’ve already raised about half of the money to buy the 12 beds needed, and they are so into it! Love it! Last week, they decided to sell french fries and fried ice cream of all things, but it worked out well, and we sold a ton. I’m not quite sure where all their gusto is coming from, but I don’t really care. I know that serving and giving to those in need certainly connects them to the heart of God. Yay!
- My most recent personal prayer as I live here is that God would give me more opportunities to use Thai and to build relationships with Thais here. (I am forgetting everything I learned at language school so fast, but I know God will bring it back!) I just want more people to get to hear about Jesus, and I pray He uses every way to do it. I want to be open, willing, and ready.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers. God is doing great things, and I know it’s fueled more by prayer and faith than by anything else. What an awesome God we serve!